Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm a Scaredeee Caaat!



Last weekend John and I went to Las Vegas for a night and then on up to Utah to see my sis! We had such a wonderful time. We even got to ride in a hellicopter over the Hoover Dam! I was really scared to even get on the dang thing, I almost backed out at the last min. It's weird because, before I had kids, I wouldn't of even thought twice about getting on it or doing anything kinda daring for that matter. But when you have these little lives to live for and want to see grow-up and protect, it kinda puts things into perspective and makes you evaluate your priorities in life. Before them, my priorities were pretty much having fun! Now it's about being there for them and protecting them, and you really can't do that very well if your not here on earth anymore! So anyways, all of that was going through my mind when the guy that takes your money said he needed a name and phone number of who to contact in case of an emergency, and I said "uh' you mean if we wreck and die," and he was like "pretty much!" I turned to John and I said "I don't think I'm gonna be going," he just laughed, and said "come on baby, we'll be fine." Well obviously we made it out alive, but when that thing landed, I was so relieved!





2 comments:

Mandy said...

Yikes! No way would I get on one of those things. I am sooo afraid of heights number one. And also the fear of something happening. Even if it is your time to go! Glad you had a fun weekend. Love ya.

Lee Anne said...

That would have been scary. I am like you, not sure if it is worth the chance. I hope you had a good time.