Friday, November 14, 2008

"Sisters"

There's nothing like a sisters bond, it's like having a best friend you can't get rid of! She'll always be there no matter what. She's someone who may compete with you, but will love and accept you for you - more than anyone else in this world could. A sister is special, she's different than any other girlfriend. She knows who you are inside and out, what your favorite color is, what your favorite toy was when you were little, deep secrets you may have. You know that she will always be there for you, through thick and thin, good times and bad. You may have your disagreements, but in the end she will love you no matter what. A sister is someone who will always get "the inside joke" when telling a story, or know stuff that your parents, to this day, never knew happened. My sister and I are very different, but we share a past and a childhood that is unique and special to us, just like all sisters do. Growing-up together, my sister and I fought (mostly about clothes and boys), but that has been long forgotten and as we have grown older we have gotten closer. Nowadays with my sister, it's all fun! I love every chance I get to go to Utah to see her. Staying up late talking with lots of good "adult food" and listening to 80's music reminiscing about the past, sharing "kid rearing" secrets, laughing....a lot and taking our beautiful children to make lots of fun memories with their cousins! This last weekend we went to Utah to see my sister, and as always, we had so much fun! I'm so thankful I have a sister.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I know exactly what you're talking about! My sister and I were the exact same way! :) I'll have to add you to my blog!

Mandy said...

'Funny how the relationship changes. I feel the same way about my sisters! Cute post.

Erika said...

YOU MADE ME CRY!! THANKS!! You're an amazing sis and an amzing person. I love you more than you know. I'm constantly wishing we lived closer. I miss you always and can't wait to see you again!

Jennifer said...

Sisters are the best, I'm glad you got to spend some time with her. By the way Helicopters freak me out too!

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

Hey Tiff-
I'm so glad I ran into your blog! It's been a long time. It looks like you are doing good and that you are happy. I'm so happy for you!! I can't believe how big your kids are. They are seriously so cute. We just did a blog too (even though I went through and did the whole year in review) but check it out if you want to get an update on us! It's www.muttandkarlee.blogspot.com!
Love ya Tiff-
Karlee